Here is everything you need to know about what is going on this week at Cooper!
TULSA PUBLIC SCHOOLS STATEMENT OF NONDISCRIMINATION
Tulsa Public Schools is an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate in its educational and employment policies and programs on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. For information, contact the Director of Compliance at (918)746-6357.
A Cooper Cowboy C.A.R.E.S (Caring, Achievement, Respect, Enthusiasm, Success). We are working diligently to help your child learn and grow these character traits so they can have these very important life-long skills. We are giving tickets to students who display one of these character traits during the week. Each morning at the Cowboy Round – Up we draw 3-4 names from the tickets to recognize the student and they are then provided a special treat on Friday. Cooper is excelling at creating a culture of C.A.R.E.S. Encourage your child to tell you how they demonstrated C.A.R.E.S. at school each day. Our students have been doing a terrific job demonstrating C.A.R.E.S.
Life Skill Word of the Week:Problem Solving- to create solutions for difficult situations and everyday problems
Reminders and Updates:
· Congratulations Ms. Allen on receiving the Golden Apple Award
· Congratulations 5th grade on having 100% attendance during the writing test and earning free dress
• Please make sure your child arrives before 7:45 to be prepared for the school day. If your child arrives after 7:45, they are tardy.
• We need volunteers to help with field trips and to monitor state testing. If you have some extra time, ask how you can help. Our students and teachers need your help!
• Encourage your child to read every evening for 20-30 minutes. Ask your child about the book. Children who are read to and read on a regular basis increase vocabulary and understanding of what they read!
• Make sure your child is wearing their school uniform each day. We will be calling home for students not in a school uniform. Please make sure your child is not wearing joggers, pajama pants, leggings without a skirt, or hoodies.
Events this week:
Tuesday March 1
Election Day- Your Vote Counts
Teens in Action
Good News Club
Wednesday March 2
Dr. Seuss’s Birthday- dress as your favorite character from Dr. Seuss
All School Read In- 2:00
Thursday March 3
6th grade Boys bball practice
Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:15-6:15
Friday March 4
Early Release- Students dismiss at 1:00
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
March 3 and 8- Parent Teacher Conferences
March 8- PTA Bunny Pictures
March 7- Yearbook orders due
March 9- Talent Show auditions- must have permission slip turned in by March 7
March 11- No School
March 14-18- No School- Spring Break
March 21- School resumes and PTA World’s Finest Chocolate Sale Begins
March 29 & 30- Talent Show Rehearsals 3:00-4:30
March 31- Cooper Talent Show 6:00-7:30- students must be with an adult to enter
April 8- PTA World’s Finest Chocolate Sale ends
April 11-29- OCCT State testing 3rd-6th grades